Monday, 19 November 2012
Headed to the house in the morning and JM and I got started on the painting! We slapped high adhesive primer(not knowing if it is water or oil based paint we're covering) on the ceiling and walls of the living room and it looks so much better already. I forgot the sanding block (it had fallen out of my painting box) so we had to leave areas around the patches but I'll come back to that.
We decided to rip up a floor board in the bedroom to double check which way the joists run so we can start planning the bathroom layout and while there proceeded to disconnect the woodburning stove. Lovely stove but in the wrong place! I'll have to find another home for it...
A sooty job but another thing done. We just covered up the hole from the chimney with plywood for now, we'll have to seal it off properly later.
One last thing, JM tried to secure the guttering to the porch but it wasn't complying so that will be another spring job...
A good day, it is nice to see a difference after being there. Slowly but surely we'll get there.